Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Book Related Play Dates: Chrysanthemum

There is nothing better than making a story time fun for the kids. Bringing more interest to books through activities has been very effective for me with my daughter. In this post I will focus on a park play date centered around the book Chrysanthemum. Chrysanthemum is a story about self esteem and loving yourself for your own uniqueness, a great message to share with early readers. 



We gathered at a local park and said our hello's. Then I read the story to our kids.


After the story I had the kids write out their names and decorate them how ever they wanted.


Along with playing at the park I face-painted flowers and butterflies for the kids

I think story related play dates are wonderful for encouraging early literacy and allowing the stories to come alive more for the children. Well if you liked this idea I hope you plan a play date like ours and enjoy yourselves. If you do end up hosting one comment below and tell me all about it :) Until next time see you!


No comments:

Post a Comment