Monday, April 13, 2015

Adventures in Controlling a 7 yr old

I mentioned this in my post about going to Shenandoah, but to remind you, my daughter sprained her ankle. At first she was fine and then that evening it ballooned up and was painful for her. I felt so bad for her. I also felt bad for me. Why you may ask? I felt bad for me because I would have to find a way to keep my happy, over energetic, enthusiastic, dance loving kid sitting still for a few days. An impossible task...even more so than I thought it would be.



Every time I turned around she would be trying to walk, dance, or jump around. She also continued to sneak from her room to my room every night and climb into my bed. A few days of healing turned into many more days. Now we are going on 6! We had to cancel a play date and bounce house visit which you can bet did not go over well. Luckily we had a visit from a close family friend and her son is like a cousin to Serenity so she was very happy. Very happy and.....over excited. I was glad she could have company but next thing I knew she was running around and that night BOOM! swollen ankle again.

Today we went to the doctor, got x-rays, and a walking boot. I had to explain to them that she needed something to walk in because there was no way to keep her from doing it. Now she gets to rock a fashionable black Velcro boot every where.

The biggest obstacle with this happening is that at times her foot doesn't hurt so she pushes her limits without understanding the consequences. She doesn't understand that just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean that it is healed. Maybe she will learn from this and be more cautious in the future...a mom can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment