Friday, May 15, 2015

Liebster Award

I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Momma Moose. I am so happy to accept and pass along this Blogger tradition. The Blogger community is so welcoming and supportive. I am very happy to say that I am a part of this wonderful group of people. Here are a few questions asked to me by Momma Moose.


What made you decide to start a blog of your own?

I started my blog for a few reasons. I want to eventually become a published author and needed an outlet for my creativity while I learned and grew my talent. Blogging seemed like a perfect way to do that. Another reason I started blogging was to help me cope with the loss of my mother last year.

What is your favorite part about blogging?

I enjoy sharing my personal struggles and possibly helping someone else who is in a similar circumstance as I am to stay positive. I also love the creativeness, the mix of story telling and photography.

What is something that can always make you smile?

My daughter, she only has to look at me and I smile. She is sunshine and joy personified.

How do you overcome challenges in your life?

I overcome challenges through reasoning and through trying to understand the obstacles. I feel that if you can understand something you can deal with it. That's how I work through my problems.

What is your motto for life?

To love your family and live life to the fullest. Not the most original motto but the truest for me.

What is your favorite quote or bible verse?

My most favorite is "To Thine Own Self Be True" by Shakespeare. I also like "Not till we are completely lost or turned around...do we begin to find ourselves." by Thoreau

If you could be any animal, which one would you be? Why?

An owl. They are majestic and cautious. They are predator rather than prey and can soar through the air without notice.

What is your favorite place to shop and indulge in retail therapy?

Amazon? Barnes and Noble? My only real vice in shopping is books and buying for my daughter.

Do you drink wine? White or red?

I drink both but Chianti(red) would be my favorite.

What is your favorite holiday? Why?

I absolutely adore Halloween. Out of all the holidays it is the most fun! I love the autumn season too so that probably plays a part in my choice. October is my favorite month!

If you could have lunch with your ten year old self, what would you say?

No matter what happens keep studying, keep bettering yourself, and care about yourself too. Don't just think of others because your feelings also matter. Keep writing! One day you will have a beautiful little family and you will be blessed in life.



The rules for the Liebster award stipulate that you answer questions asked by the one who nominated you and that you make a list of questions for your nominees to answer as well. I have been having a hard time finding nominees because the rules also state that they should have 200 or fewer followers. A lot of the lesser known Bloggers I have found seem to have already been nominated. I have managed to find a few great Bloggers though that I think should be seen! You save the above image and add it to your page to show your nomination.

It is difficult to build a following and you have to work hard on your content to do so.There is a lot of new talent out there that still go unrecognized. These are the bloggers who are growing steadily that I want to nominate: Peculiar OwlChampNovaBlogThe Lone PandaWorking Mother of the YearCoffeeBreakBlogger, DIYAdulationand ADashofSalter. This is not mandatory but if you want to spread the love please nominate how ever many bloggers you can and keep this supportive cycle moving forward.

Here are my questions:

  1. What inspired you to start your Blog?
  2. What do you love to Blog about the most?
  3. Name 3 things you hope to accomplish this year.
  4. Name your top 3 favorite books of all time.
  5. What memory from childhood has stayed with you the longest and has had the largest effect on you?
  6. If you could have your dream job what would it be?
  7. What do you hope for the future to hold for yourself?
  8. Which Blog post that you have written is your favorite and why?
  9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
  10. What is your favorite word and why?
  11. Lastly What is the most beautiful thing about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment