Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Open House: Summer Camp Exploration!

Serenity is now 7 and can go to summer camp for the first time! BUT its only a day camp. No sleep overs yet...thank goodness. I am not ready for that yet. I need more time to adjust before she is gone overnight at camp!

We drove out to the camp over the weekend and looked around while trying out some of the activities they have for the campers. It was awesome! They have a pool and will go swimming everyday during camp, a rock climbing wall, canoeing, archery, horseback riding, farm animals, fishing, and so much more. It was the best place for our little ball of energy to go. We had a blast taking a peek!


The camp is full of rustic charm and has a mid-western flair. I love how much personality the structures sitting on the property have.




They even have a shop on site for souvenirs and snacks that the kids can purchase during their stay.


Plenty of horses all around...which forced me to keep my distance due to an allergy but obviously the hubby and Seri were excited...Traitors...


Along with horses they also have pot bellied pigs, a turkey, chickens, a donkey, and a goat.


Did I mention they also have a nature center full of reptiles and amphibians? Yeah, they do.


Little Miss Adventurous got geared up and challenged the rock wall.



I would say she did pretty good for a tiny thing! Then she froze...took a minute to get her down again.


Beautiful scenery and picture perfect moments had to be captured while canoeing. I love the surrounding trees, and river on the property.



Then came archery, which she is still working on. Hopefully her aim and stance will improve once camp is finished. She loves it none the less.



They also have this amazing tree house on site. It sits right near the girl's lodgings.


This is where the stage and girls dorms are located, as well as, other rooms for storage and activities. Girls got it good!


They also have poles and and a cute pond to fish from.


It took me only 10 minutes to say "Yep, lets sign her up." This place is amazing...and they will have her all day and feed her? YESSSSSSSS!!! Thank you!!! I get my "Mommy time aka...sleep....mani pedis....wine...time. Then I get to have her back and pack the rest of the summer with wonderful play dates and mommy and daughter activities. Can not wait for summer!







No comments:

Post a Comment