Tuesday, June 30, 2015

~France Week~ Day 1: Language and Land Marks

Last Week: Japan Week Day 1

Today we begin our five day culture lesson on France. The first two topics are language and landmarks. Last week I regretted not being able to go over landmarks as much with Serenity, so I thought I would make sure to cover it from now on. There is so much to learn in so little time and I don't want her to get bored or frustrated. I try to organize fun things in between the factual information in order to keep her attentive.

Some of the most known and popular land marks in France are the Eiffel Tower , the Arc De Triomphe, Notre-Dame, and The Louvre. I found a few videos and pictures to share with her so she could get a good feeling about why these places are so beloved.








One of the most difficult parts of learning French is that a lot of words are either masculine or feminine having either a le or la come before the word. This can be easily confused and mixed up. Luckily for Seri we are only going over basic terms. Think of it as splashing around in the shallows rather than diving into the large ocean.

In Serenity's mind French is fancy so she is enjoying it immensely. Besides going through all of these things together she also read Fancy Nancy to end the day's lesson :)




Here is a list of words and phrases we are working on this week along with numbers:

Hello: Bonjour
Goodbye: Au revoir
Yes: Oui
No: Non
Mother: Mère
Father: Père
Nice to meet you: Enchanté
Excuse me: Excusez-moi
Please: S'il vous plaît
Thank You: Merci
I'm Sorry: Je suis désolé
My name is: Je m'appelle
I love you: Je t'aime

Tomorrow we will take a look at French entertainment and food.
France Week Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment