Monday, July 20, 2015

Murder Mystery Girl's Night!

I have never taken part in a murder mystery before. There is a place in town that does them but I have never been able to make the tripto actually do it. When I was browsing through Amazon items one day, as we all do naturally, I saw a kit for sale. It was Murder Mystery Party - A Taste for Wine and Murder. As soon as I saw it I knew it would make a great girl's night! So I bought it, scheduled the day, and once the event filled up, I assigned characters.

I sent the description of their characters to each guest in advance so they could plan an outfit and figure out how to play them. I personally was assigned a male character which I have no issues with. Having done theater in high school I was pretty open to anything I would get. I loved the idea of being able to act out a character again after so long!

In order not to *spoil* the game for anyone I can't go into detail on what played out in the game but it was fun, hilarious, interesting, and surprising! You had girls with a "Mario" voice for an older Italian man and a bad boy role that was hilarious to listen to. I personally was struggling and hopefully succeeding as a suave German gentleman!


We each brought a bottle of wine and went through a lot of them during the evening, only 1 bottle was left by the end of the night. We also had bruschetta, strawberry shortcake, bread rolls, cookies, chips, and popcorn.




After we finished the murder mystery part of the night we chatted and goofed off for the rest of the evening. It was a great experience and I would definitely do it again. If you want to create a fun, loose, and imaginative night for you and your friends this is a good way to do it!


The evening ended very late and I was happy to de-man myself...suits and ties are very uncomfortable! Spending time with friends is one of my favorite things in life! I can't wait for our next Mom's Night! What can I think up next I wonder...



Modern Dad Pages

3 comments:

  1. What a great night. Love a murder mystery night. I too, ended up drawing on a 'tache (I was the farmer lol). Well done on the booze ;) #wineandboobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great night out for the ladies. We have one of these murder mystery games sitting in the basement just waiting for us to dig it out and invite a few friends over. #wineandboobs

    www.carewsinsuburbia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very fun night! I've never done a murder mystery either but always been intrigued by them
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete