Friday, August 14, 2015

Summer Crafts: Tie Dye Shirts!

Next: S for Serenity!

Summer is drawing to a close soon and some parts of the country are already going back to school! We luckily have until September! With all this vacation time left I have to push myself to find new ways to engage and entertain this hyperactive little seven year old. One day as I was browsing through the store I saw a tie die shirt kit on sale. I knew that this was a perfect project for Seri. Serenity loves being creative, artistic, and most of all.....messy! She went nuts with the paint and created a very unique design! She also made a shirt for one of her best buddies, Tristen! Its easy to find kits and the one we recommend is the Tulip brand! The shirts turn out very colorful and the kits are very easy to use! Here is a look at the process and result!



We put on gloves to keep the dye off our hands but some still got on us anyway...



She went a little crazy and spray flew all over the table...getting blue off took a lot of time but she loved this craft so it was worth it!



Look at that smile!





After spraying all of the shirts we wrapped them up in plastic wrap for 6-8 hours. Then we rinsed out the shirts until the water ran clear and tossed them into the wash with a small amount of detergent. After wards we got our final product below!



It got a bit muddied in the process but that is due to her using all of the colors rather than isolating colors to certain areas haha. She's happy and proud of it and I am too. 

Her first tie dye shirt!!



Domesticated Momster

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!
    I know Tristen will love his!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and it looks so cute on her! I don't know if I would dare do this with my 5, 4, and 3 year old but maybe someday. Thank you for linking with #momsterslink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great kit to use :) I didn't realise it was so easy to do. Maybe when Monkey gets a bit older we will give it a try. #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete