Monday, October 19, 2015

Exploring Virginia: Saluda and Urbanna...

Last Exploration: New Kent

A little while back we decided to drive out to two little towns in Virginia called Saluda and Urbanna. They were quiet and beautiful little cities.We didn't get to do very much but we got to spend time together and explore which is the most important thing to us. Being able to explore your home state is one of the greatest things you can do. When you know your state, the people in it, and the different amenities it has to offer, then you can enjoy it to the fullest!



First things first we had to go by the LOVE sign and get a few pictures!




As we explored the small town we came upon a dock and a waterway. The sun was begining to set and the view was amazing. I felt time slow down and in that little moment, as I sat on the dock with my daughter, I found peace. Around me was silence and water ripples. 




Our hope was to head into Urbanna for a bite to eat but when we got there we saw that almost everything was closed. During the week it seems that this little town shuts down. Being able to visit and look around was enough for us. After each trip we can say, "We've been there." I enjoy having the ability to say that. One day I hope to visit every city in Virginia...one day.



The drive back was lovely and picturesque. The sunset captured my attention and before I knew it I was back home and ready to go to bed. Serenity told me she loved our little trips and I couldn't stop from smiling. I guess we have to keep taking them then. I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment